Monday, January 31, 2011

sweet

this past week, i've been able to slowly get back into the groove of scrapping.  it's such a relief to turn out pages again after all these months.

admittedly though, i've been using sketches for these layouts to jumpstart my creativity.  
sketches helps jumpstart my creativity and it takes the guesswork out of how to place the photos i have. 
i can still make the layouts my own depending on how i interpret the sketch. 
i think i'll be doing it this way for now. maybe i'll venture out of this comfort zone soon.

and speaking of sketches, here's a layout i created using sketch #98 from the scrappiest
after creating this layout from my little shoebox' sketch, i wanted to use their paper again. 
and the photos i used were a perfect fit for the sketch. that's my mother-in-law my nieces, bel and carina.
i had fun recreating that garden feel on my layout. this is a current favorite of mine...

  
materials used:  cardstock - dcwv; patterned paper - my little shoebox, scenic route, making memories, october afternoon; stickers - deja views; punch - fiskars; embroidery floss - dmc

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Liza. Love all the little houses and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! The bright colors are great!
    Great job, thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete